The allowlist enables the administrators to restrict unauthorized domains from access to data. In Ally.io a domain would need to be in the allowed list for a user to embed the URL/domain in the embed widget to view it in the Review Dashboard. This ensures that only the domains your organization trusts will be accessible to members of your organization in Ally.io.
NOTE: The Allowlist feature is turned on by default. If any user in your organization previously had a custom widget added to their Review Dashboard that was displaying content from another domain, they will all get added to the allowlist by default. Administrators will have the ability to turn the feature off. However this is not recommended.
Domains can be added to the allowlist only by the administrators.
To add a domain to the allowlist, follow these steps:
1. On the left navigation bar, click on the Admin section and head to the Settings tab.
2. Scroll down to the ‘Allowlist for embed dashboard’ section and click on the toggle to enable Domain restrictions.
3. Click on `Add Domain`, enter the domain name you want to add to the allowlist, and click on the `Add Domain` button.
How to Request a Domain to be Added to the Allowlist?
Since only admins can add a domain to the allowlist, other members of the organization can send a request through Ally.io so they can display contents from this domain on the Review Dashboard. To do this:
1. Choose the `Custom Embed` widget option when creating your custom dashboard.
2. Under the `Embed URL` field, enter the URL that you wish to embed.
3. Ally.io will recognize that this domain is not yet authorized by the administrator and will give you the option to send a request.
4. Click on the `Request admin` button. This will send a request to the administrator who can view all the requests from the Settings tab inside the Admin panel.
5. If the request is approved, you’ll receive a notification within Ally.io application and to your registered email address.
6. You’ll receive an email notification if your request was declined along with the comment if the administrator adds one.
How to Block a Domain?
Admins can choose to block a certain set of domains and make sure its contents don’t get displayed in the Review Dashboard.
There are two ways an administrator can do this:
1. When a request to add a new domain comes in, the administrator can click on the `Block` button to block the domain and optionally add a comment on why they decided to not approve the domain.
2. You can choose to block an already approved domain by navigating to the `Allowed domains` section, clicking on the meatballs menu button, and clicking on the `Block` option from the menu.