Ally lets you do OKRs your way. You can configure your own OKR rules by defining your OKR structure. Here's how you have to import your OKR template if you've chosen the 'Objectives and key results can be used interchangeably' option in the OKR Model Configuration section in your Admin dashboard.
The OKR Import template has a total of 16 columns which will be used to input the OKR details into Ally. Below are the columns to be filled and the expected data:
1. Row ID: Row number for each OKR, which will be used as a reference for parent ID.
2. Title: The title of your objective, key result or project.
3. Parent: The Row ID of the parent objective to be mentioned in this column. If multiple alignment is enabled for your organization, any key result that has multiple parents will have two row IDs, separated by a new line, such as below. If the OKR does not have a parent, leave this column blank.
4. Entity: The entity for the OKR needs to be mentioned here – whether it is an organization, team or individual level OKR/project.
For organization level, leave the column empty.
For team level, the name of the team/sub-team needs to be entered.
For an individual level OKR, enter ‘Individual’ as the entity name.
If there are multiple teams/sub-teams responsible, they can be entered separated by a new line.
5. Owner Email: The email address of the OKR owner. If multiple owners are enabled for your organization, any OKR that has multiple owners will have two email addresses, separated by a new line, such as below. Please note that the user must exist in your organization’s Ally instance.
6. Time Period: The time period for which the OKR has been defined. Please note that this field is case sensitive and needs to be present in your organization’s Ally instance.
7. Metric Name: If your key result is being measured using a metric, the name of the metric needs to be entered here.
8. Metric Type: The metric type can be either ‘Numeric’ or ‘%’ – based on the type of your metric and how it’s being tracked. This is a mandatory field if ‘Metric Name’ is mentioned.
9. Metric Start: The metric start value goes here. This is a mandatory field if ‘Metric Name’ is mentioned.
10. Metric End: The metric end value goes here. This is a mandatory field if ‘Metric Name’ is mentioned.
11. Tags: If your OKR has any tags associated with it, please mention them here, separated by a new line.
12. OKR Description: The OKR description and any other necessary details go here.
13. Delegate: If the OKR needs to be delegated to another user, the email can be entered here. Read more about delegating your objectives here.
14. Weights: If the OKR has a customizable weight assigned to it, the valid options are – 0x , 0.25x , 0.5x , 1x , 2x , 4x.
15. Objective Type: Mention the OKR type here, enter ‘Objective’ for objectives and key results; ‘Project’ for projects. The default type here will be ‘Objective’.
16. Goal Type: Mention whether the goal is ‘Aspirational’ or ‘Committed’ here.
You can also bulk import your users and teams, take a look here on how to fill the template.
Reach out to our Support team at [email protected] for the import template or to share the completed template for import.