Ally’s Box integration allows you to update your OKR progress automatically by syncing your data from your spreadsheets within Box to your OKRs in Ally.io. When you link your objectives to the corresponding KPIs within spreadsheets in Box, the status of your OKR will be updated based on the data in your spreadsheet. Ally.io will automatically sync the values for you and chart your progress toward the goal, thus saving time while keeping your OKRs current.
Enabling the Box integration
Admins can enable this integration, and here’s how it can be done:
- From the sidebar, click on Admin > select the Integrations tab.
- Against Box, you will have an option to Enable the integration. If a connection has been made previously or if the integration has been enabled, you will have the option to Manage the enabled integration.
- This integration can also be disabled from the same section by clicking on Change and choosing Disable integration from the dropdown.
Configuring the Box integration
- After enabling the integration, the first step is to configure a Box connection
- Create an objective by clicking on the Add Objective button
- Open the newly created objective and click on Edit within the More option
- Select Box from the drop-down menu within Search
- You can add a new connection between Ally.io and Box by signing in with your Box credentials
- This opens up a pop-up window where you can Grant access to Box to integrate with Ally.io. This access allows Ally.io to read and download files from your Box account
Connecting a spreadsheet in Box to an OKR
Once you have configured the connection, the next step is to start linking OKRs to the spreadsheets in Box
- Once the connection is established, select the KPIs you would want to reflect within the objective from your spreadsheet in Box by clicking on the edit integration option which comes up when you click on the Box icon
- Click on the Edit Integration link from the drop-down
- Next, select the spreadsheet or the excel workbook(.xlsx) by searching for it in the search bar. You can search for any sheet that you own or has been shared with you by other users. For your spreadsheet to be processed, it needs to be unlocked from the sheet
- Once the spreadsheet is downloaded, you can choose any sheet within it from the Sheet drop-down menu
- Now can track value by either a Named Range or a Column & Row Number. This is used to locate your KPI data in the spreadsheet.
If you are new to Named Ranges, please follow our guide on creating named ranges.
6. It takes up to 15 minutes for your newly created Named range to be displayed in the Select a named range dropdown
7. Once you select the named range, you will see a preview of the selected value from the sheet so you can double-check from the sheet
8. Click on the Next button. You will now see that the objective has been connected to Box.
9. Click on Save to save the integration
Connecting a spreadsheet in Box to an OKR using Named Ranges:
Connecting a spreadsheet in Box to an OKR using column and row number:
To learn more about Ally’s other integrations, please visit our Integrations page.