Ally can integrate with Google BigQuery to automatically update your OKRs. For example, you have the data inside your BigQuery warehouse to track the number of converted leads. The goal is to increase the value of converted leads to a certain amount. By implementing a BigQuery integration, you can save yourself the hassle of repeatedly going back and forth between BigQuery and Ally to update your progress: Ally will sync the values for you and chart your progress toward the goal, thus saving time while keeping your OKRs current.
Setting up BigQuery Integration
Ally uses a service account with OAuth 2.0 to call into the Google BigQuery APIs. For the BigQuery integration to work, you need to add Ally's service account ([email protected]unt.com) to your BigQuery project and provide the required access & permissions. Please read on for step by step instructions.
Create a IAM Role for BigQuery
Please follow the steps below in your google cloud platform console to Create a role.
1. Login to your google cloud platform developers console - https://console.developers.google.com/
2. Navigate to the hamburger menu on the top left corner of the screen and choose IAM & Admin -> Roles.
3. From the roles screen, click on the "+ Create Role" on the top of the page.
4. Fill in the details in the form and proceed to "Add Permissions" and add the following permissions
5. Click "Create" to complete the role creation.
Provide Access to Ally's Service Account
Now it's time to assign this role to Ally's service account so that Ally has permissions to read information from BigQuery and connect them to the OKRs.
Step 1: Navigate to the hamburger menu on the top left corner of the screen and choose IAM & Admin -> IAM.
Step 2: Click on the "+ Add" button on top of the page
Step 3: In the Add screen add the Ally's service account email (mentioned below) into the members field
Select and choose the role you created earlier as part of the roles field.
Step 4: Click Save to complete setup
For help on integrating OKRs with BigQuery inside Ally, Click here.