Ally's Zendesk integration allows you to link OKRs to customer success metrics available inside Zendesk for automatic real-time updates on the progress. Say, for example, you have an objective to increase the customer satisfaction rate this quarter. You can implement an Zendesk integration to save yourself the hassle of repeatedly going back and forth between Zendesk and Ally to update the progress: Ally will sync the values for you, thus saving time while keeping your OKRs current.
- Navigate to Ally’s integrations page through Admin > Integrations.
- ‘Enable’ the Zendesk Integration.
- Click on ‘New Connection’ and in the popup that follows, enter the Zendesk subdomain and sign into your Zendesk account.
- Name your connection and hit ‘Next’ to complete setup
Ally allows you to connect with multiple Zendesk accounts. Click ‘New connection’ to add another instance and use names to differentiate them. These names are displayed to members when they link their OKRs to Zendesk.
The integration may also be disabled at any time from the ‘Change’ dropdown.
Using Zendesk Integration
Now that the integration is enabled, your team can link a Zendesk metric with an OKR.
- While adding or editing an Objective or Key Result, you should choose to measure success by 'KPI (success metric)'. Please note that at this time, you may only track by KPI, not percentage completed, if you would like to use the Zendesk integration. Go ahead and add the integration.
2. Next, select the Connection and select the Zendesk metric you want to track the progress of the objective by. We support tracking by % Resolved tickets, % Satisfied Response, % Dissatisfied Response and Number of Dissatisfied Response in Zendesk for the agents in your organization for tickets created between a customisable date range. By default, we consider tickets created for all the agents between the start and end time same as the objective's start and end time.
In the example below, we are tracking the percentage of satisfied responses inside Zendesk for all the agents between the specified time period.
4. Hit next to finish and save your OKR. You should now see an Zendesk icon next to the OKR - now Ally will automatically track the % of satisfied response. The OKR syncs automatically every hour, but you can refresh it manually by clicking on ‘refresh’.
The colors of the progress bars indicate the status of the Objective.
- If the progress is 0-25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is Behind (orange)
- If the progress is over 25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is At-Risk (red)
Learn more about Ally’s other integrations here.