Ally has the ability to integrate with Salesforce, allowing you to automatically update your OKRs. For example, if you have a Salesforce report that tracks converted leads, with a goal in mind to increase the value of converted leads to a certain amount, implementing a Salesforce integration will save you the hassle of repeatedly updating your progress in Ally.
An admin can set up the Salesforce integration in Ally. To do so:
- Navigate to Ally’s integrations page through Admin -> Integrations.
- Scroll through the list until you reach Salesforce. Select "Enable" (Or "Manage" if a connection has been made previously.)
- Click on "New Connection" and follow the prompts to sign into your Salesforce account.
- Click "Next" to finish the setup
Ally allows you to connect with multiple Salesforce accounts. Click ‘New connection’ to add another and differentiate them using names. These names are displayed to members when they link their OKRs to Salesforce reports.
Using Salesforce Integration
Once the setup is complete, users in your organization can link the success of their OKRs directly to fields in Salesforce reports.
- While creating (or editing) an Objective or Key Result, navigate to the "Progress" section and select "Connect to a Data Source."
2. From the list of integrations, select Salesforce.
3. Search for the name of the report you would like to connect. If you have multiple Salesforce connections, select the connection that your report is associated with before searching for the report.
4. Select a field: Choose the field you would like to designate as the measure of success. The available fields will vary based on the configuration of the report selected.
5. Select "Next" followed by "Save" to complete the update for your OKR.
You should now see a Salesforce icon next to the OKR. The OKR will sync automatically every hour, but you can refresh it manually by clicking on the cloud icon and selecting "Sync."
The colors of the progress bars indicate the status of the Objective.
- If the progress is 0-25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is Behind (orange)
- If the progress is over 25% less than expected progress at any point in time, the status is At-Risk (red)
Learn more about Ally’s other integrations here.