Ally’s Smartsheet integration allows you to link OKRs to Smartsheet cells for real-time updates of your progress. Say, for example, you have a sales sheet used to track revenue. By implementing a Smartsheet integration, you can save yourself the hassle of repeatedly going back and forth between your sheets and Ally to update your progress: Ally will sync the values for you, thus saving time while keeping your OKRs current.
- Navigate to Ally’s integrations page through Admin > Integrations.
- ‘Enable’ the Smartsheet Integration.
- Click on ‘New Connection’ and in the popup that follows, follow the prompt to sign into Smartsheet.
- Name your connection and hit ‘Next’ to complete setup.
Ally allows you to connect with multiple Smartsheet accounts. Click ‘New connection’ to add another instance and use names to differentiate them. These names are displayed to members when they link their OKRs to Smartsheet cells. Take note that all connections are publicly available for use by everyone in the organization.
The integration may also be disabled at any time from the ‘Change’ dropdown.
Using the Smartsheet Integration
Now that the integration is enabled, your team can link a Smartsheet cell with an OKR.
- While adding or editing an Objective or Key Result, select ‘track by KPI’. Please note that at this time, you may only track by KPI, not percentage completed, if you would like to use the Smartsheet integration. Go ahead and add the integration.
2. In the popup box, you will indicate the cell you would like to link the metric with. Click ‘view’ to preview your sheet. In the example below, we will locate and use Sales-Region3, row 6.
3. Hit next to finish and save your OKR. You should now see an icon next to the OKR. The OKR will sync automatically every hour, but you can refresh it manually by clicking on ‘refresh’.
It’s as simple as that! Now you know how to work smarter with Ally and Smartsheet.
Learn more about Ally’s other integrations here.