Regular check-ins are a key part of an effective OKR implementation. OKRs are closely aligned with each other so progress is reflected in parent objectives - creating inaccuracies if they aren’t updated regularly. That’s why it’s helpful to send gentle reminders to your team to check-in on their OKRs.
Notifications remind your team to check-in regularly. By default, Ally sends a notification to all team members every Monday at 9:00 AM in the user’s time zone, but the notifications can be customized to fit your business needs.
Team Owners and admins can create a custom cadence for reminders for their departments and teams in Admin -> Team Settings. These cadences can differ from the organization-level cadence.
In this section you can set:
- Frequency (every one, two, or three weeks, or monthly)
- Days on which notifications are sent
- Time at which notifications are sent
- Disable notifications for OKRs that have had check-ins in the past x days (select number of days)
- Admins or managers of a team can control whether the sub-teams reporting to their team can set their own check-in rhythm or should follow the parent team's cadence.
Once the updates have been scheduled, you will receive the notification in one of the following ways:
- If a Slack or MS Teams integration has been enabled, the notifications will be sent through one of those platforms.
- If the iOS or Android App have been installed, you will receive a push notification.
- If no integrations have been setup, Ally will send a reminder as an email.
Learn more about check-ins and the continuous feedback system here.